Japanese Mocha Red Bean Cheese CakeThis was bake very late in the evening around 9+, I was so blur that the recipe state 1tbsp of caster sugar for the biscuits base but I add in 50g of the sugar, so I add about another 20g of the biscuits and 10g of the butter, after taking out from the oven and use a big fan to cool it down and keep in the fridge, the clock tic tok tic tok to half pass 12am. I was so tired that I immediately roll to my bed.
The next morning I unmould the cake and slice into bar to bring to office to share with my colleagues. The marble print is nicely form and the red bean goes well with the green tea, lucky the crust is not sweet just nice.
Biscuits Base Ingredients :
100g Biscuit Crumbs
50g Butter Unsalted Melted
1Tbsp Caster Sugar
- Blend the biscuit into a coarse texture.
- Pull all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix to a crumber.
- Pour into the square mould 9" x 9" and press it firm.
250g Cream Cheese
150g Plain Yoghurt
2tbsp Plain Flour
200g Fresh Milk
1Tbsp Green Tea Powder
3Tbsp Hot Water
Kidney red bean
- Dissolve the green tea with hot water and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat the cream cheese and sugar to a smooth texture.
- Add in the egg 1 by 1.
- Mix well the yoghurt and plain flour and add into the above and mix well.
- Lastly add in the milk and mix well.
- Take out 100g of the cheese mixture and mix with the green tea mixture.
- Put the kidney bean on the biscuit and pour the plain filling into the mould and use a spoon to dribble the green tea filling ontop.
- Use a Mix to a marble pattern.
- Steam bake at 160°C for 1hr 15mins.
- Let it cool to room temperature and keep in the fridge to let it set.