This is my mum's recipe, every year during the 7th month she will make this to celebrate the ghost month.
I ask her for the recipe and steam this for my company ghost month celebration last year. My colleagues was so suprise that I steam such a big one. I like to eat this hot and normally I will steam it.
600g Hong Kong Flour
150g 7 UP
Milo 11/2 Tsp
Water 2 Tbsp
- Mix the milo and water in a bowl and leave aside.
- Beat egg and sugar at medium speed for 5 mins then change to high speed and beat for 10mins.
- Sieve the flour and fold into the batter in 3 portion using hand mix.
- Add in 7 UP and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the mould lay with glass paper.
- Use spoon to scope the milo water and pour on top of the batter in circle and use the tip of a metal spoon to swirl to create marbling effect.
- Sprinkle some sugar on top to form a cross.
- Boil the water, once it boil put it in and then turn to medium heat to steam for 45mins. Add hot water every 15 mins.
Note: the bamboo mould I used is 11" x 3"