Sunday, May 13, 2012

Milo 鸡蛋糕

This is my mum's recipe, every year during the 7th month she will make this to celebrate the ghost month.
I ask her for the recipe and steam this for my company ghost month celebration last year. My colleagues was so suprise that I steam such a big one. I like to eat this hot and normally I will steam it.


Ingredients:

10nos Egg
600g  Sugar
600g  Hong Kong Flour
150g  7 UP
Milo   11/2 Tsp
Water 2 Tbsp

Method:
  1. Mix the milo and water in a bowl and leave aside.
  2. Beat egg and sugar at medium speed for 5 mins then change to high speed and beat for 10mins.
  3. Sieve the flour and fold into the batter in 3 portion using hand mix.
  4. Add in 7 UP and mix well.
  5. Pour the batter into the mould lay with glass paper.
  6. Use spoon to scope the milo water and pour on top of the batter in circle and use the tip of a metal spoon to swirl to create marbling effect.
  7. Sprinkle some sugar on top to form a cross.
  8. Boil the water, once it boil put it in and then turn to medium heat to steam for 45mins. Add hot water every 15 mins. 

Note: the bamboo mould I used is 11" x 3"

No comments:

Post a Comment