Father has been asking when am I going to bake his favourite Curry Chicken Bread. So last Saturday I decided to bake the bread as I still have 1pc of chicken breast in the freezer and some curry paste in the fridge.
Below is the recipe I like to share, end up I bake 3 different types of filling. Curry Chicken Bread, Pork Floss Seaweed Bread and Cranberry Polo Bread. I used my industrial mixer to mix the dough as I am going to made 4 recipe which total 36 buns. Given some to my family and BF the rest bring to office to share with my colleagues for breakfast.
Comments from them the bun is so soft and the curry is yummy not so spicy. Thumbs up ^-*
100g Bread flour
- In a mixing bowl mix the flour and water over low fire, keep stirling until it reach 65°C then switch it off.
- Use plastic wrap to cover the dough to prevent the top layer dry up and let it cool down before use.
90g Plain Flour
12g Milk Powder
75g Tang Zhong （汤种）
- Put all the ingredients in a mixing bowl except salt and butter and mix well.
- Mix to a dough then add in salt, butter and mix to a soft dough.
- Take out the dough and shape it round and cover a plastic wrap and let it proof for the 1st time to doubled in size.
- When the dough has proof to double in size divide the dough to 60g and shape into a round shape and proof for the 2nd time for another 15mins 20mins.
- Flatten the dough and put in the curry filling and shape it round.
- Put onto the baking liner and proof to double size.
- Brush with egg wash and bake at 180°C for 15mins..
- Let it cool and slice to serve.
Curry Chicken Ingredients:
100g Curry Paste
500g Chicken Breast
100gBoil Potato Cubes
1no Big Onion
100ml Fresh Cream
Salt to taste
- Cook the onion and curry paste to semi soft.
- Add in the Potato, Carrot and fry to soft.
- Add in the Salt, Chicken, Water, Milk and Fresh Cream and cook until it's boil.
- Add in 2tbsp corn flour to thicken.
- Let it cool before use.