Friday, April 6, 2012


 
Giving everybody something nice to eat must surely be the aim of all cooks of all ages and I am no exception. I love baking and was inspire by my Mum, she is also very good in baking and she learn from CC, but all her recipe was lost when we shifted to our new home. I start to attend baking class 10 years ago in CC and now still learning & exploring for new recipe. I bake with love - not so much for my own sake but for the satisfaction it gives to others. My greatest reward - despite pile of washing-up after the bakes - is to see those around me enthusiastically greet and then enjoy with obvious relish something I have prepared for their eating pleasure. Good food has no barriers and the enjoyment of it is the prerogative of everyone. With that in mind, I hope my recipes, in all their variety, will secure a place in their hearts and stomachs.

 
It has been a while I did not made bread after browsing through various recipe I decide to bake Raisin Cream Cheese Bread to share with my colleagues. I went home quite late after work so I did not use the “汤种”method. I replace the “汤种”portion to increase the bread flour portion, the texture of the bread although is not as soft like the Barcook Raisin cheese bread.

 
Comments form my colleagues: Bread is soft and they like the cheese filling with the sour taste from the lemon.

 
Will bake this recipe again with the “汤种”method soon as I still have 1kg + of cream cheese in my fridge.

 

Raisin Cream Cheese Bread


 
 Dough Ingredients

 
250g     Bread Flour  
50g       Caster Sugar
100ml   Water  
7gm      Yeast
½ no     Egg
35g       Condensed Milk
½ tsp    Salt
10g      Shortening
10g      Butter

 
  
Method:
  • Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl except salt, shortening, butter. 
  • Mix to a dough then add in salt, shortening, butter and mix to a soft dough.  
  • Take out the dough and shape it round and cover a plastic wrap and let it proof for the 1st time to doubled in size. 
  • When the dough has proof to double in size divide the dough to 60g each and shape with some raisin into a round shape and proof for the 2nd time for another 15mins 20mins.
  • Flatten the dough and wrap with cheese filling, put on the baking tray and let it proof for the last time to double size.
  • Bake at 190°C for 10mins then turn over the bread to the other side and place a tray on top of the bread and bake for another 10mins. 
Filling Ingredients:

125g    Cream Cheese
40g      Icing Sugar
1Tbsp  Lemon Juice
Raisin

 
Method:

 
Cream the cheese and icing sugar to soft and add in the lemon juice and beat till smooth. Fridge it before use.

 
Note: This recipe can bake 8pcs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tangzhong (汤种)Method:

Ingredient:


100g Bread flour
500g water

Method:
  1.  In a mixing bowl mix the flour and water over low fire, keep stirling until it reach 65°C then switch it off.  
  2. Use plastic wrap to cover the dough to prevent the top layer dry up and let it cool down before use.
Dough Ingredients:

228g Bread Flour
60g   Plain Flour
6g     Yeast
30g   Sugar
3g     Salt
120g Milk
30g   Egg
72g   Tangzhong (汤种)
30g   Unsalted Butter


 Method:

  1.  Put all the ingredients in a mixing bowl except salt and butter and mix well.
  2. Mix to a dough then add in salt and butter and mix to a soft dough.  
  3. Take out the dough and shape it round and cover a plastic wrap and let it proof for the 1st time to doubled in size.  
  4. When the dough has proof to double in size divide the dough to 60g each and shape with some raisin into a round shape and proof for the 2nd time for another 15mins 20mins. 
  5. Flatten the dough and wrap with cheese filling, put on the baking tray and let it proof for the last time to double size. 
  6. Bake at 190°C for 10mins then turn over the bread to the other side and place a tray on top of the bread and bake for another 10mins.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment