Saturday, April 7, 2012

This roll cake is simply a thin sponge cake filled with whipped cream, jam or fresh berries, then top with more whipped cream or dust with confectioners' sugar. the cake is a bit elastic and flexible so it can roll without cracking. I recommend this recipe which I found in YouTube while searching some information for my course. I try the recipe and found that the texture of the cake is light and flexible enough for me to roll.
I bake two with different filling, original recipe is filled with Fresh cream and walnut and the other one I mix the Fresh cream with some blueberry jam.

 

Coffee Walnut Roll Cake

  



Ingredients:

½ cup Self raising flour
3 nos Egg
½ cup Sugar
1Tbsp Coffee + 2 Tbsp Hot water
200g Fresh cream
Roasted Walnut – Chopped

Method:

  1.  Line a baking tray 13” x 13”. 
  2. In a mixing bowl beat the egg and sugar until soft peak. I add sugar in 3 portions. 
  3. Fold in flour gently in 3 portions (use spatula), do not over mix. 
  4. Add in the coffee mixture. 
  5. Pour into the baking tray and bake at 180°C for 12 – 15mins. 
  6. Whip up the cream to stiff peak. 
  7. Turn the sponge cake to cool for 5mins. 
  8. Peel the baking paper off carefully. 
  9. Spread whipped cream and walnut. 
  10. Roll the sponge cake, wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before slicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment