I bake two with different filling, original recipe is filled with Fresh cream and walnut and the other one I mix the Fresh cream with some blueberry jam.
Coffee Walnut Roll Cake
3 nos Egg
½ cup Sugar
1Tbsp Coffee + 2 Tbsp Hot water
200g Fresh cream
Roasted Walnut – Chopped
- Line a baking tray 13” x 13”.
- In a mixing bowl beat the egg and sugar until soft peak. I add sugar in 3 portions.
- Fold in flour gently in 3 portions (use spatula), do not over mix.
- Add in the coffee mixture.
- Pour into the baking tray and bake at 180°C for 12 – 15mins.
- Whip up the cream to stiff peak.
- Turn the sponge cake to cool for 5mins.
- Peel the baking paper off carefully.
- Spread whipped cream and walnut.
- Roll the sponge cake, wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before slicing.