Sunday, May 22, 2011

Rice Cooker Cheese Cake

Was not feeling well for the pass 2 weeks and have no mood to switch on the oven to bake so I try using rice cooker to bake a cheese cake. Didn't expect it will work, when I remove the cake from the pot I saw the base was burn. It's a failure I think but I still chill it in the fridge for 3 hours.

When I cut the cake it is soft like taukua, when I bite a small bit I feel the texture is in between toufu and taukua.

Will be trying another recipe to bake using rice cooker - Japanese Castella.

Rice Cooker Cheese Cake


Ingredients:


Cream cheese - 250g
Sugar - 80g
Egg - 3nos
Cake flour - 1Tbsp
Dairy whipping Cream - 200ml
Lemon juice - 1Tbsp


Method:


1. In a mixing bowl whip up the cheese and sugar to light and fluffy.

2. Add in the lemon juice and egg and mix well.

3. Sieve the flour and add in to the mixture

4. Add in the cream and mix to smooth texture.

5. Coat a layer of butter in the inner pot.

6. Pour the mixture into the inner pot of the rice cooker and bake for 30mins.

7. Allow to cool before removing from pot.

Notes: for the baking time it depends on the rice cooker use, for mine I have to press the button to cook for 3 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment